Yesterday was beautiful and refreshing with a major milestone; Kyra learned to drive the mower. Actually, we both did. The pasture had patches of moldy hay we spread last fall over a foot deep in places, but that was no match for Little Buck pulling a flail mower. It took a really long time in 1st and 2nd gears (we'll be able to use 4th and 5th next time), but it's done! Moldy hay is now an even pulverized mat getting sun baked. We only found a few rocks, a little twine, and a buried tire.
Only big mistake, discovered after reading my manual this morning, was that I should have been in PTO speed 1 instead of 2 out of 3, but nothing broke. Also, I put together a maintenance schedule today.
Leave a Reply.
Josh: Founder, father